Senior Product Manager – Transport
Job no: 492285
As one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies in Asia, RedMart offers an unparalleled experience scaling a startup. Our culture: entrepreneurial, fiercely intelligent, team oriented, deeply creative and whatever you add to it! We’re fanatic about improving our customer experience and providing “wow” customer service.
We're interested in talented, creative and passionate people joining our fantastic team who believe in our mission: To save our customers time and money for the important things in life!
Our technology focused “RED Teams” are generally made up of the following roles: product managers, software engineers, data scientists, industrial and process engineers, and analysts. Each team is focused on a specific function of the business (e.g. transport, fulfillment, inventory, discovery, CRM) and faces external customers or specific business stakeholders as “internal customers”.
At RedMart we use technology to delight our customers; we innovate to make our customers’ lives better. As a Product Manager on the Transport RED Team, you will be responsible for working with software and industrial engineers to provide routing, dispatch, geospatial, and telematics software and hardware products and continuously improving operational processes and equipment, all to serve our customers better.
Key tasks and responsibilities
The primary areas of responsibility of Product Manager – Transport will be to:
- Be responsible for delivering on key customer experience, operational and financial KPIs in transport.
- Develop and manage effective stakeholder relationships, involvement and expectations with ground operations and third party vendors.
- Conduct on-site observations, perform extensive data analysis, and create real-time reports to understand and measure the current operations processes.
- Build innovative, high-quality roadmaps based on company and team goals to reduce delivery costs, reduce defects, and improve customer experience.
- Manage product backlogs, including prioritizing and balancing tactical and strategic goals, and making correct trade offs between customer experience, operational, financial and technical priorities.
- Work closely with product designers, software and industrial engineers to ensure the technical solutions and process optimizations are properly designed, prioritized and delivered on time.
- Develop the right communication and training materials to support successful implementation and sustainability of the solutions developed.
- Manage projects through the complete life-cycle and deliver sustainable change.
- Assess the financial impact of solutions and prepare business cases.
- Take a lead program management role on multi-team Transport projects.
Attitude & behaviours critical to success
To be successful in this role, you must have a passion for logistics, continuous improvement and an unrelenting customer focus. In addition to focusing on flawless execution you will have high energy, intellectual curiosity and proven track record of delivering results.
You will have demonstrated:
- Perseverance. Building a great company that customers love is hard work. Many challenges await and we are looking for team members we can count on when things get tough.
- High business Impact. We are results oriented. We value people who focus on the right things and get them done.
- Strategic awareness, financial fluency and a strong understanding of a profit and loss account.
- Great operational, product and business judgement. Willingness and ability to take smart risks and fail forward.
- Clear interest in working closely with RedMart and third party delivery personnel to understand core issues and come up with innovative solutions.
- Track record of successfully delivering multi-stakeholder projects that marry technology, people and process.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Qualifications / Relevant Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, operations research, industrial and systems engineering, supply chain logistics, mechanical engineering, finance, economics, physics or related discipline; Master’s degree or higher preferred.
- Deep operational, process, product, and engineering expertise in the transportation and logistics domains. Last/first mile experience is a plus.
- Superb data-analysis and statistical skills, including proficiency in Excel, statistical software packages (e.g. Minitab) and SQL. Knowledge of at least one programming language - R/Python is prefered. Knowledge of Tableau is a plus.
Note: Candidates who require work visa need not apply.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend