Full-Stack Software Engineer - Marketplace Technology
Job no: 492291
As a Full Stack Software Engineer you will:
- Work as part of a cross-functional team of talented software engineers and product managers that has full ownership of our Marketplace seller experience. (We call these RED teams.) The team builds software systems and processes to onboard sellers; to manage their stores, product information, inventory, prices and promotions; to communicate and track marketplace orders; to track finances, manage invoices and make sure sellers are paid on time. You’ll need to have superb communication skills and thrive in a collaborative environment and be committed to the success of the team as a whole.
- Learn the business and get close to users and customers. To build software for marketplace sellers, first hand experience with their and our operations has no substitute. In addition to customer and user interaction, you will need to build close relationships with the internal business stakeholders for your domain.
- Demonstrate a good sense of design, UX and simplicity.
- Show understanding of web development fundamentals: HTTP, cookies, headers, caching, HTML5, CSS3...
- Be able to contribute both on the Front-End or the Back-End using best practices such as TDD, BDD, functional programming paradigm, continuous integration, continuous deployment.
- Have the opportunity to and be expected to innovate and demonstrate your creativity.
Our Tech Stack:
- React or AngularJs on the Front End
- Microservices written in Scala using Play Framework and Akka (also some nodejs)
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL for storage.
- AWS infrastructure, with HAProxy, Nginx, Redis. We use Chef for deployments.
- GitHub, Travis CI and JIRA for development tools.
- Testing with Jest, Jasmine, ScalaTest, Calabash and Cucumber.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend