Lead/Senior Software Engineer - Marketplace Technology
Job no: 492293
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Play a key role in a cross-functional team of talented software engineers and product managers that has full ownership of our Marketplace seller experience. (We call these RED teams.) The team builds software systems and processes to onboard sellers; to manage their stores, product information, inventory, prices and promotions; to communicate and track marketplace orders; to track finances, manage invoices and make sure sellers are paid on time. You’ll need to have superb communication skills and thrive in a collaborative environment and be committed to the success of the team as a whole.
- Learn the business and get close to users and customers. To build software for marketplace sellers, first hand experience with their and our operations has no substitute. In addition to customer and user interaction, you will need to build close relationships with the internal business stakeholders for your domain.
- Design, implement and test robust technical solutions that our 24/7 store and operations can rely on. Write clean code that follows the Functional Programming style, that is testable, maintainable, solves the right problem and does it well. Code you can be proud of.
- Champion engineering excellence. Influence and drive best engineering practices within your team and organization. Mentor more junior engineers, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems, and their ability to get things done.
- Have the opportunity to and be expected to innovate and demonstrate your creativity. Do you have ideas on how to improve the seller experience or effectively use a new technology? Can you find a way to do what others thought impossible?
Our Tech Stack:
- Microservices are written in Scala (plus a bit of java and nodejs) using a variety of frameworks/libraries like Play Framework, Akka, http4s...
- React and AngularJs on the Front End
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL for storage
- AWS infrastructure, with HAProxy, Nginx, Redis. We use Chef for deployments.
- GitHub, Travis CI and JIRA for development tools.
- Testing with ScalaTest/ScalaCheck, Cucumber and Mocha.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend