Manager, Transport Operations
Job no: 492309
The successful candidate will manage the transport operations at cross docks and other assigned facilities in close collaboration with transport executives. The key responsibility is to ensure consistent delivery standards, service quality, efficient resource management, cost control and lead a team of transport executives and coordinators.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Oversee and be accountable for the smooth running of assigned cross dock locations, including cross docks that are managed by external contractors.
- Lead a team that comprises of Transport Executives (TE), Transport Coordinators (TC) and Delivery Representatives (DR). Collaborate closely with other teams in a matrix organisation.
- Responsible for key performance indicators (KPIs) for transport operations at the cross docks.
- Plan resources, manage operational metrics and execute processes to achieve efficiency and target costs.
- Assist the Director, Transport Operations and collaborate with peers and stakeholders in handling crisis/ priorities in transport field operations in a timely manner.
- Attend to customer’s complaint/ feedback (verbal & written).
- Review and implement operational changes and enhancements as proposed by TEs and TCs.
- Recruit, manage and counsel all grades of staff at the facilities assigned.
- Attend to staff matters such as leave applications, petty cash, accident and overtime claims.
- Monitor staff performance standards and conduct annual appraisals.
- Review and monitor standards in monthly reports submitted by the Transport Executives.
- Comply and review Quality of Service (QoS) metrics internally and externally on delivery services.
- Conduct SOP workshops and in-house training for TEs & TCs on how to handle situations and problems encountered in their daily activities.
- Acts as the driver and catalyst for change in continuous improvement activities through Lean-Sigma tools and methodologies, including 5S, Kaizen activities.
Attitude & behaviours critical to success
- Strong understanding of managing operations activities in Supply Chain Management, Logistics roles. Work experience in e-Commerce transport operations is an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Operations Management roles and managing large volume inventory.
- At least 1 year experience of working in large teams and in a fast paced environment.
- Strong problem solver, with hands-on approach to plan and execute well.
- Meticulous in attending to incidents and ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Builds rapport within teams and able to work in a matrix organisation structure.
- Degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain or Logistics preferred.
- Applicants with Diploma and 5 years of relevant experience may be considered.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend