Job no: 492362
- Full P&L responsibility for the categories, including revenue , margin, wastage & other supplier income.
- Must develop and execute optimal category strategy, pricing, promotions, range, availability, and cost prices to expand both sales and margin.
- Ensure RedMart has the widest selection and best prices in the market through international sourcing, recruiting marketplace sellers and leveraging competitive intelligence.
- Work with existing vendor base to negotiate terms improvement, secure supplier advertising spend, develop new incentive programs, and ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of goods to our fulfillment center.
- Work to develop new sourcing and extended range to ensure we have high quality, good value goods available to our customers year round.
- Employ data-driven decision making to drive the category. Provide insight to the commercial team and work closely with marketing and supply chain to forecast demand and ensure consistent supply
- Partner with supply chain team to manage inventory levels and wastage.
- Contribute to Redmart growth by optimising and streamlining Category management. Help to design systems and processes to minimise time spent of day-to-day tasks and allow more time for strategic thinking.
- Work cross functionally with Technology, Operations and Marketing to deliver strategic projects allowing redmart to offer the best customer experience.
The ideal candidate has superb business judgment with a desire to build and manage their own business. He/she must be able to work well in cross-functional teams to drive business goals. The must have good industry understanding of the grocery business, and ideally experience across multiple categories.
Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree from top undergraduate institution.
- 5-8 years' experience, preferably in merchandising / buying.
- Superb business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management (both internal and external).
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Great communication skills (both oral and written) are a must.
- Mastery of MS Office (particularly Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) is preferred, as well as an agility with web-based software applications and internally-developed systems.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend